My mantra today…. Relax into the stretch. It’s something that I learned with a yoga tape. But I think in many ways it helps me throughout life. Today has been a little frustrating when the tub’s drain was clogged and the toggle switch wouldn’t work to let the shower water out. I called a plumber who […]
Tag Archives | Toddler
I have to begin figuring out an approach to potty training. I have a wonderful cousin who lives in Washington DC who trained her son by 2 years old. He’s actually using the “big people potty”. I’m not sure how early to start Mr Nicholas. But at least some schools of thought are “the earlier […]
For the past year now I’ve been working on trying to eat 70-80 percent raw green foods for my diet. Green smoothies and salads and soups and dehydrated food have been a fun and exciting experiment that my little baby boy has enjoyed eating with me. However, now that he’s a toddler who loves to […]
Recently, I took Nicholas for a scheduled doctor’s appointment. He was curious as usual, trying to run from exam room to exam room checking out the nurses, doctors, kids and anything he could touch. When it finally became our turn for a doctor to see us, I was greeting with the usual questions: How’s he […]
Over the holiday, someone on my husband’s side of the family asked me…quote: “You are going back to work and put him in Day Care aren’t you?” The emphasis was on ‘are going back to work‘. It was the first time in a long time someone had approached me with that question posed just that […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Listening With More Than Ears when your child talks all the time_Aspergers journey November 9, 2017
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- It’s the first day of the NEW YEAR 2016 January 1, 2016
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Esther: My best advice is to find a professional in your a...
- Autism Care: What Causes Autism And Its Spectrum Of Disorders A...
- bumper scuff repair Sheffield: What's up to all, the contents existing at this w...
- Roxanne: Howdy great blog! Does running a blog similar to t...