Being an advocate for my special needs child this past month has meant – learning not to blame. And although it hasn’t been easy there are three points I want to share. Being an advocate means: 1. Being able to objectively listen to complaints about my child’s bad behavior — and analyzing the WHY and […]
Tag Archives | Special Needs
I want to first say — thank God for some things that went wrong this year. Sometimes what goes wrong is right when it comes to autism and life in general. Often when things don’t go in the direction you hope, you get angry, frustrated and discouraged. And this year I experienced all three emotions […]
It’s been quite a few months since I’ve had any time to blog about the Special Needs Community. I started on this journey learning about autism with my son last year and since then I’ve met so many interesting parents, advocates and professionals. I’ve also learned also so much about my son and myself. However, […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Being a Child Advocate Means Learning not to Blame February 4, 2018
- Listening With More Than Ears_Aspergers journey November 9, 2017
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Tamiko: Congrats Nickolas, keep up the good work. I also ...
- DarthHidious: Beautifully done. A powerful emiotonal approach, ...
- google adwords tool: Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I want...
- Kevin G: Loved this film. In fact, here's a nice review my...