Silly But It Still Bothers Me As a reporter I used to interview people who had all sorts of anxieties. Anxiety about heights….bugs….germs….you name it. What used to puzzle me though were moms who said they had anxiety about leaving their child with a babysitter. I would be like: “well do you know the person […]
Tag Archives | family
There was a profound sense of sadness after watching this clip of Tyra Banks show on “Good Hair”. The little girls on the show are a small reflection of just some of the thoughts I had growing up with what was considered “evil/bad” (course ) hair. The same I guess can be applied to any […]
Most African-American women probably can relate. I don’t know what to do with my hair. I cut it off because after I became a new mom, I just couldn’t keep it looking sharp. I like it. It’s easy. It’s what many call a short natural. A boy cut. It’s cool, but sometimes….and I mean only sometimes, […]
I began the past week pulling what is left of my hair out over sleep issues with Nicholas. After reaching out on Facebook, I utilized some motherly advice from nearly everyone who responded and managed to get 3 out of 5 days with a middle of the night scream session that lasted about 10-20 minutes. […]
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES Below are a number of responses I received after putting a link to my blog on Facebook. Unfortunately, none of the responses transfer so I cut and pasted them into a new post. Regardless, it has sparked a good discussion between my husband and I about what we will decide […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- It’s the first day of the NEW YEAR 2016 January 1, 2016
- 10 Things I’ve learned This Year! May 23, 2015
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Esther: My best advice is to find a professional in your a...
- Autism Care: What Causes Autism And Its Spectrum Of Disorders A...
- bumper scuff repair Sheffield: What's up to all, the contents existing at this w...
- Roxanne: Howdy great blog! Does running a blog similar to t...