Life has a funny way of showing you what is important. Every year when I was little my parents made a big effort to make sure the holidays were special. We always had turkey and all the trimmings for Thanksgiving. We always, even if it was small had presents under some kind of Christmas tree. […]
Tag Archives | death
It’s something I thought about a couple months ago when a friend of our family died from complications after a asthma attack. He was only 26 years old. He had a job but didn’t have any insurance. Like many of us today, he was probably living a check or two away from being broke. He […]
I opened Facebook recently and read an email that pretty much shocked and irritated me at the same time. It was from a FB friend who notified others that a very close friend of our church family had died the night before at the age of 26 from an unexplained illness. I wasn’t related, but […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Listening With More Than Ears_Aspergers journey November 9, 2017
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- It’s the first day of the NEW YEAR 2016 January 1, 2016
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Tamiko: Congrats Nickolas, keep up the good work. I also ...
- DarthHidious: Beautifully done. A powerful emiotonal approach, ...
- google adwords tool: Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I want...
- Kevin G: Loved this film. In fact, here's a nice review my...