I want to first say — thank God for some things that went wrong this year. Sometimes what goes wrong is right when it comes to autism and life in general. Often when things don’t go in the direction you hope, you get angry, frustrated and discouraged. And this year I experienced all three emotions […]
Tag Archives | asperger’s
Many people introduced to autism know the name Temple Grandin, her inspirational story and her advice to parents like me which is: “don’t buy into labels.” Dr. Grandin was diagnosed with autism as a child and went on to pursue work in psychology and animal science. She is a leading advocate for autistic communities and […]
Nicholas loves a handful of cartoon feature films including: The Incredibles, Monster’s Inc., Finding Nemo, Wreck It Ralph and The Lorax. My husband has said he’d love to take Nicholas to the theater to see the new movie Monster’s University but there’s just one problem. Nicholas would probably start yelling at some point during the […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Listening With More Than Ears when your child talks all the time_Aspergers journey November 9, 2017
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- It’s the first day of the NEW YEAR 2016 January 1, 2016
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Esther: My best advice is to find a professional in your a...
- Autism Care: What Causes Autism And Its Spectrum Of Disorders A...
- bumper scuff repair Sheffield: What's up to all, the contents existing at this w...
- Roxanne: Howdy great blog! Does running a blog similar to t...