I have found in my journey as a mom, I have to listen to my son with more than just my ears – especially when it comes to Aspergers. Listening takes practice and often time to step back and let the conversation marinate. Because with some conversations you have to consider, history, context, emotional state, […]
Today’s five moments of reflection.1. Mistakes are an opportunity to learn and grow. Staying stuck on what went wrong only slows down your ability to learn from it. 2. The tree that is able to bend when the storm winds blow will likely get blown down but later spring back up and won’t be broken. […]
Today I look back with thanks that I made it through another year. The reason I am bringing this up so late after New Year’s Day is because of some medical testing a couple days ago. Friday I finished up allergy testing at Hackensack’s allergy center. I was being tested to see if I was […]
Every year people make New Year’s resolutions. Some people say they hate them. They say they don’t work. I have known to make commitments in the past and not stuck to them, however, I’ve picked something that I think I could actually achieve. And it’s a one blog, vlog or post a week. I had […]
Momma 911 Takes a New Direction – Autism
Momma911 is Esther Miller Dillard's mission to understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and specifically how autism and Asperger Syndrome affects her son Nicholas. It is her personal account of navigating the maze of information in the areas of diet, education and medical advice. It is her hope that information on this website might help another parents dealing with similar issues.
Dillard was recently hired as an interim Assistant Professor of Communications at Bloomfield Colllege. Starting in September, 2013 she will be teaching News Radio Production and Television and Radio News writing as well as helping to coordinate and further develop the campus internet radio station WBCR.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Art And Asperger’s Syndrome – A Combined Discovery at 55 Years Old March 7, 2013
- Hair Issues…where do I go from here? October 4, 2009
- United States of Autism Documentary Opens In New York City April 2, 2013
- Diaper Dilemma October 9, 2009
- Taking Action Paid Off July 10, 2010
- Listening With More Than Ears_Aspergers journey November 9, 2017
- Five Moments of Reflection June 13, 2017
- Two Surgical Bites out of my Chest January 10, 2016
- First Step resolution – Commitment to 2016 January 1, 2016
- It’s the first day of the NEW YEAR 2016 January 1, 2016
- Esther: This is a very large question that I am not qualif...
- Tamiko: Congrats Nickolas, keep up the good work. I also ...
- DarthHidious: Beautifully done. A powerful emiotonal approach, ...
- google adwords tool: Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I want...
- Kevin G: Loved this film. In fact, here's a nice review my...